Monday, September 28, 2015
J. Murray Inc. 1944 WWII M1 Helmet Liner Restoration Part2
The second item I sent to J. Murray to be refurbished was a dead look a like WWII M1 Euroclone helmet liner shell I found at a local surplus store. The cloth liner had already been taken out and it looked near exactly like a WWII M1 Helmet liner. I thought this would be a good liner to use for my reenactor/living history helmet. I sent along the liner shell and purchased a liner kit to install into the liner shell. A couple of weeks later I received my restored liner back and the cloth liner kit was beautifully assembled into the liner shell. I already had a leather headband and liner strap from ATF, so those were used instead of the J. Murray versions. Overall I am 100% satisfied with both projects that were sent to them and as stated before looking forward to completing more projects with them.