Thursday, November 8, 2012

WWII USMC Anonymous Collection Part 1

In a certain way I'm a bit of a late starter with collecting WWII USMC items. I started collecting in 1990 and although WWII USMC was one of my focuses, I didn't seriously start focusing on patched alphas until a few years ago. A few months ago I met another long time USMC collector and when he sent me these random photos of his collection I nealy lost my mind. When he told me he was a long time collector he wasn't kidding.
Basically he stated he started collecting alpha coast when nobody really wanted them and weren't popular to collect. Accordingly in those early days he was able to amass a small collection of uniforms. Just incredible items and he states that they are all researched. Just finding one 5th Division jacket is hard enough yet there are seven sitting right there on the rack, not to mention dress blues! Don't even get me started on the 4th Marine Division items. Makes one wonder how many private collections like this exists! Thank you anonymous collector for letting me reproduce these photos of your collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment