Wednesday, September 5, 2012

LCVP Higgins Boat

It's the year 2012 and it is amazing what is still out there. To me one of the quintessential WWII Marine items is the LCVP Higgins Boat which were used by many of the Marines in the Pacific.
Incredibly there are still a few out there including these two that appeared in CL a few months back in Maine.
Now I will be straight out, this would be one of the best additions to a WWII collection and wouldn't mind getting one of these historic boats for my WWII USMC collection one day. Until then I guess I will have to be happy with the Italeri 1/35 scale Model Kit! UPDATE!!! This LCVP has been purchased!

2 comments:

  1. One of those may have come from a ship I was on as a Marine in 1992, the USS Saginaw LST-1188. Excellent blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Comment and information, I would have to agree with you on this, that should be the ID for this Higgins Boat. Thank you for your service my friend! Leonardo

    ReplyDelete