Monday, September 10, 2012

Korea War USMC Corporal 1st Marine Division Blues

In all my years of collecting I have never owned any dress blues in my collection. But in two short weeks I was able to acquire two for my collection. This is the second one belonging to a Marine Corporal who went in in 1947 and went over to Korea with the 1st marine division. He was later medically evacuated, but not clear if it was combat related or not. He was evacuated to Japan in which is where I picked up the coat from a Japanese dealer. Looks like he made it home but his Blues didn't. I am not really a Korea war collector but it is always great when one of these Chosin Marines uniforms make it home.

1 comment:

  1. Just got a nearly complete uniform from 49, wasnt worth anything to the family they where going to throw it all away. Could not let that happen

    ReplyDelete