Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WWII USMCR Corporal 4th Marine Division Shirt

Last weekend I headed out to the Vintage Productions Militaria Collector Show at the Fairplex in Pomona, CA looking for my usual Forest Green coats. While I didn't find what I was looking for I did stumble across this great wool shirt patched with a 4th Marine Division SSI. These are actually quite difficult to locate and this one was in great shape. I usually only pick up IDed items but this was the exception as I hardly see these offered. When I went home I realized it was ID to a Marine from Seattle, Washington who was listed on the WIA list. An incredible shirt from WWII!Update 5/12: received his Casualty card and it appears this Marine was part of the Headquarter Company, HQ Bn, 4th Marine Division and was wounded on March 14th 1945 during the Battle Of Iwo Jima and was awarded the Purple Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment