Tuesday, October 6, 2015

WWII USMC Raider Corpsman PhM2c 4th Raider Battalion

The second Corpsman coat I managed to locate last month was this incredible 4th Raider Battalion Corpsman coat I found at a local antiques fair. This is one of those dream finds that comes around once in a lifetime. The coat was stripped but the PhM rate and IMAC outline were clearly on the coat and the name in the coat only matched one Corpsman who was in the Raiders. This Sailor left the service in 1944 for reasons unknown at the moment as I haven't received his records. Like the 1st MarDiv corpsman coat it's difficult to locate a Forest Green Corpsman rate and loose Raider patches can be pricey but I had a friend pull through for me for the rates and found a great deal online for the SSI. I will be taking it to the seamstress shortly and hopefully have it by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment